This is another attempt at “Vlog” style video.
After our race in January 2018 at the Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, we decided to change the way our car looked. We decided to make it look similar to a Ferrari Testarossa. We grafted a Triumph TR7 front end to the car and added some homemade flying buttresses on the back. Everyone was trying to figure out what kind of car it was. We went all out, too. We had costumes, a flag, stickers, everything!
We raced the 24 Hours of Lemons race in December 2018 at the Road Atlanta race track. We didn’t do well, though. The weather was terrible. It was cold and rainy. On “Test and Tune” day, the car spun out at 90 mph and hit the wall. Luckily, it was just cosmetic. But, the rain got “something” wet and we couldn’t get the car running. On Saturday, after only 6 laps of racing, the car would not restart. On Sunday, we finally got the car running. (I guess it had time to dry out.) After the 2-hour church break on Sunday, we got the car running. So, we were able to get in about 5 hours of racing.
We finished in 88th place out of about 94 cars. But, at least we got the “Judges Choice” award for the creative work we did to make the car look sorta like a Ferarri.
I used the following gear to make this video:
- Sony camera http://amzn.to/2C2NpVt
- Rangers tripod http://amzn.to/2DOd7O2
- Camera rotator http://amzn.to/2D2lLZf
- GoPro http://amzn.to/2qBpbzD
- Drone http://amzn.to/2skYlwv
- Gorilla Pod https://amzn.to/2rxOhwq
- Gimbal for mobile phone https://amzn.to/2A18MZK
The video was edited with Adobe Premiere Pro
Music in this video:
- “Finesse” by Peyruis (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaE_gaaLQYA)
- “Invisible” from the YouTube Audio Library
- “California Life” by Tomas Skyldeberg from Epidemic Sound